Why my user can't add watch for another user?

1542037 July 12, 2016

Why my user can't add watch for another user?

Help me.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2016

They probably do not have the "manage watchers" permission.  Check the permission scheme for the project.

Christoph Rümenapp July 20, 2016

Well, we have the same issue at our JIRA. Users of a group, which has the "manage watchers" permission can't add watchers to a ticket/issue. We updated our system the latest version, but this bug still exisits.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

Can other people maintain the watcher list?  When you say "can't", what, exactly are the symptoms - what's stopping them?

Christoph Rümenapp July 20, 2016

For example, Administrators can add watchers. But User of this specific group can't.

The click on the number next to "manage wachter", perform a search but don't see any other users from their group to add them as watchers.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2016

Ah, they don't have "browse users" global permission, so they can't see the other users.  Try adding the user by just putting in the login id.

Suggest an answer