Why my resolved issues don't have the strike through marking?

Hung Nguyen March 10, 2015

In JIRA, I saw that Atlassian documents said that when we set resolution to the issue, it will be displayed with a strike-through font. 

In our setup, even when an issue is resolved (with Resolution not empty), it is NOT displayed with a strike-through font. Why does that happen?

Do we need to enable something?

I'm using JIRA 6.3.8 currently

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2015

It does not happen everywhere.  Viewing the issue directly or getting a list in the issue navigator for example.

Could you show us an issue view that shows a resolution, and then tell us where you're expecting the strike-through to show?

Hung Nguyen March 13, 2015

Do we have any rule to know where the strike through could be seen, and where it's not?

0 votes
Tom January 6, 2016

I am having the same problem. I see this is a few many months old ... anyone have an update?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2016

Where? Some places do not display the strikeout (because you don't need it, or it would be confusing).

Tom January 6, 2016

Hi Nic, Thank you for repeating yourself :) It is working as expected. it is the default all issue searc list where I was seeing the issues without the strike through. I am using Jira with a third party and I had thought there's was working differently and it turns out they are both working the same. Sorry for the duplication here, much appreciate the quick feed back. -TL

0 votes
Alexander Tomas November 18, 2015

I have curently the same problem. usieng trial version 7.0.0.

Issue is not striked through. I used to see this strike throu font in Dashboards but not I see only standard forn.

Resolution is set to Cannot reproduce

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2015

I don't think it appears in the filter gadget in v7.

Suggest an answer