Why my license which is good through 5 July 15 says invalid License

alan_d_defelice June 19, 2015

My boss recently purchased a 1 year license for 10 users and I was given the license information. I updated the License in system settings with the key provided and it says invalid license.   I would appreciate some help in rectifying this issue .....Honestly I am not even concerned about why, I just need to get the KanBan board set up and in use.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2015

Hi @alan_d_defelice, 

It does sound like you may be inserting the wrong license in the wrong place as mentioned by @Nic Brough [Adaptavist].  If you have a valid license then you can contact us at support.atlassian.com and we can look further into it for you. 

Thanks,

Keri Hannon | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2015

"Invalid licence" suggests that you have not pasted the correct key string into the box (or that it's genuinely invalid, but as it's a new one, I doubt that).  Could you have missed a bit or pressed a key after pasting? 

And do you mean a JIRA key or an Agile key?  They are different products and the keys are different, both in content and where you apply them.

And do you mean a JIRA key or an Agile key?  They are different products and the keys are different, both in content and where you apply them.  I honestly don't know. Please let me know what we need specifically vs what we have and or if it is incorrectly placed and I will at least have specifics for my boss.  Thanks.

I need to get this stood up and I don't have the luxury of time nor have I had any real training.   I just need to start using the Kanban board I started to set up asap.  Please let me know what needs to happen to make this a reality.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2015

I'd recommend having an understanding of what, you're trying to do before you try to do it. Trying something when you're knowingly incapable is a recipe for disaster. However, to get you started: Jira is an issue tracker and the "core" product you are trying to use. Agile is an addon for Jira, and that provides new functions, including Kanban boards amongst other things You did not specify which one you are trying to licence, but implied that you're trying to add Agile (because you mentioned boards), and I suspect that you've either - made a typo in the licence copy and paste - picked up your JIRA licence and tried to apply it to the Agile addon - picked up your Agile licence and tried to apply it to JIRA I can't tell you what you've actually done - you need to establish what you're trying to licence, make sure you're using the right one, and then apply it in the right place (Which is Admin -> System -> Licence for JIRA, and Admin -> Addons -> Agile Addon for the Agile licence) Hope that makes sense?

Suggest an answer