Why my javascript not working?

Scheibli Márk July 28, 2017

Hi!

I just want to ask for some help. I made a web item in my atlassian-plugin.xml:

<web-item key="web-item-example" name="My Web Item" section="operations-delete" weight="200">
<description key="my-web-item-desc">General description</description>
<label>Push me</label>
<link linkId="my_web_item_link"/>
</web-item>

And i wrote my js like this:

AJS.toInit(function(){
AJS.$('#my_web_item_link').click(function(e){
alert("Documentation");
});
});

When i press the web item happening nothing. Can you help me?

image.png

I dont know why my code is not working.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scheibli Márk August 15, 2017

I could not solve this problem with web-item, but if somebody needs help then use javascript and put a label into the more operationbar. My soultion is the next:

$('#opsbar-operations_more_drop').append('<div class="aui-dropdown2-section"><ul><li class="aui-list-item"><a href="#" id="listDialog"><span class="trigger-label">PD rendering</span></a></li></ul></div>');
0 votes
Thor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2017

* Open your Web Developer tools in Chrome / Firefox. Do you see any errors / warnings?

* Maybe AJS.toInit() is not executing your code at the right time. You could try it with 

$(document).ready()

Or with

$(window).on('load', function() { //do something})
Scheibli Márk August 15, 2017

It is already solved. If i push the button, then the link automaticly load the main page, so it can not call the functions before it. To solve this problem you should put in the link "#". In this case the fucntions will be called (i tried it with only button, not web item).

Suggest an answer