Why jira structure does not include resolved user stories

shayne skakles September 20, 2015

i have setup a JIRA sructure that is configured where a parent user story implements other user stories (children). everything shows up fine in the structure hierarchically, however, when a child user story is resolved or closed that user story is no longer displayed as a child of the parent.

Is there a setting where i can still display all children user stories (regardless if closed or resolved)? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

Hi Shayne,

Simplest probable cause is that you have the Unresolved filter on. File upload isn't working right now so I can't attach a screenshot, but you'll find the Unresolved button in the structure toolbar after the Next Issue | Sub Issue | Edit buttons.

If that's not the case, then that particular structure might might have a Filter Synchronizer set up to remove resolved issues.

Cheers,

Robert

shayne skakles September 21, 2015

Awesome! Yes, the filter was set. Simple as that. Thanks!

Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2015

Glad to help!

Suggest an answer