Why isn't the JIRA Issue Navigator opening properly?

Janito Vaqueiro Ferreira Filho September 7, 2014

If I try to open any filter, the results appear correctly, but the Issue Navigator doesn't completely load. In fact, it only loads the issue list in the middle pane. The right pane (issue view), the left pane (filter list), the top bar (IIRC to edit the JQL) and all popup menus don't load.

I didn't do anything different except create more issues, but there still aren't many (43 total). Also, the maintenance window has passed already, so I don't think that's it.

What can I do to attempt to solve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2014

This is caused by the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39856. You can disable JIRA Service Desk via manage add-ons -> JIRA Service Desk -> Disable to work around this problem. We'll be releasing a fixed version of JIRA Service Desk shortly.

C September 7, 2014

Works for me

Janito Vaqueiro Ferreira Filho September 7, 2014

Worked brilliantly. Thanks!

Mutlu Sancaktutar September 7, 2014

Jira Service Desk is not enabled in our Jira domain. Still, we have the same problem. Navigator opens without filter criteria panel on top and the left panel containing filter links being invisible. Please fix the problem ASAP, all team is awaiting resolution to this problem. Thank you..

Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2014

Mutlu: if disabling the Service Desk add-on doesn't solve your problem then something else could be at play. Keep in mind that enabled is not the same as licensed. This bug specifically impacts unlicensed versions of JIRA Servicedesk that are enabled. A fix is on it's way out soon as well, so if you do nothing then you should be all sorted soon.

Mutlu Sancaktutar September 7, 2014

Dear Matthew, we have not done anything further to fix the problem and our Jira service has suddenly turned to work properly. I understand Atlasian has resolved the issue. Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer