Why is there not a Close Issue option under the Issue Operations

Elaine Gamble December 18, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Associating a screen with an issue operation

Why are there only three options here:

Create Issue
Edit Issue
View Issue

I would like to have specific fields show up upon closing a ticket - how would I go about doing this

thanks

Elaine

2 answers

2 votes

Ok - I guess it is just confusing to me that you can create new screens schemes for a screen - but in order to have certain fields for closing you have to go modify the workflow?  I want several different screens for different transitions for one issue type that affects multiple workflows - so I was hoping for an easier way to handle this.   I will go mess around with this and see if I can get this working like I want it to - but will for sure use the COPY option. 

thanks

Elaine

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

This may be helpful then; if you want the screen to only be available for the transition for a subset of issue types, you can copy the transition such that you have, say, "Close Issue" and "Close Other", and use a field value condition on Issue Type so that only one is available to a user at a time. From there, you can make them both appear as "Close Issue" in the UI by setting the transition properties for localization, "jira.i18n.title" and "jira.i18n.submit". If you look at the properties of the existing close transition, you can see what to set them to. From there, of course, you can set the screen for each transition separately.

Thanks - this worked

Elaine

1 vote
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

The screen scheme assigns screens to the built-in operations that do not involve transitioning through workflow statuses.  To add/remove fields to the screen you get when closing an issue, you want to edit the workflow and assign a new screen to the "Close Issue" transition.  Or look up the current screen and then go and modify it, though if it's the default you probably want to copy it and modify the copy.

Likewise, if you are on a default/shared workflow, you'll want to copy the workflow, assign it to your project, then modify it, so your changes don't impact other projects; well, unless you want them to, of course.

Suggest an answer