Why is the time to resolution not appearing for the new workflow I have created?

Beakon Support September 24, 2017

I am using two different workflows in Jira, one for our customer requests and one for our tasks; the first one was a default one in Jira, and every email that comes to our support account automatically opens a ticket with this workflow, which starts the time to resolution.

Sometimes we switch ticket from customer request to task and in that case it keeps the resolution time, but if I just create a task it does not start.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

Could you explain this "time to resolution"?  There is one built into Jira, but it does not "start" anything, it's calculated from data on the issues, so I suspect you're talking about something else.

Beakon Support September 25, 2017

This is the time resolution field I am talking about.

From where does Jira pull the information for it?

ThanksUntitled.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

I'm not sure.  Is that in a Service Desk report or in plain Jira?  What's the column header and the report title?

Beakon Support September 26, 2017

Is in service desk. the column header is "Time to Resolution"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2017

It's calculated from the time of request creation to the point at which the issue behind the request takes a resolution (i.e. is closed or signed off by the requester)

There's no "start" or "end", there's no data stored for it, it's calculated from those two points in the workflow.

My best guess is that your issues are not having a resolution set, so it can't work out the end point

Suggest an answer