Why is the epic link-text blue in structures despite the Agile-assigned background color?

cbloeb July 21, 2015

I've used Jira's Agile board to color code my epics. When those epics are included in a structure hierarchy, the background color is as I set it in the Agile board. However the link text itself is blue (not white), making it impossible to read unless the background is light. Previously epic link text in the Structure display was white. I have NO idea what happened. The epic name's text still appears white when looking at the epics in the Agile board.

Here is an example of the blue text, which is difficult to read against almost all the backgrounds.

7-22-2015 4-32-16 PM.png

But the text looks fine on issue pages for issues that are part of the epic:

7-22-2015 4-50-51 PM.png

And the text is fine in the agile board, which is where I'm assigning which background color to each epic:

7-22-2015 5-02-38 PM.png

6 answers

1 vote
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Hi! We did a bit of testing and it turned out to be a bug! Thanks a lot for spotting this.

Once you click the link in the Epic Link column, it is coloured blue as the link you've followed.

This is definitely not the correct behaviour and we'll try to fix this in the next patch. Here is a task in our JIRA:

https://jira.almworks.com/browse/HJ-2297

Please feel free to follow it!

My apologies for the inconvenience, and thanks again for the feedback!

Eugene

0 votes
Stuart Williams February 9, 2021

This is still a problem for me - was a solution every found.  It is only on the issues report that the font comes out grey/blue making it unreadable,  every where else it is white and perfectly legible

Deleted user February 9, 2021

try the following in the announcement banner:

<style type="text/css">#jira a.aui-label { color : white !important } #announcement-banner {display: none; }</style>

Stuart Williams February 10, 2021

sorry,  I dont think I understand what you mean by the 'announcement banner'?  Where is this?

Deleted user February 10, 2021

Configuring an announcement banner

1. Choose Administration (  ) > System. 
  2. Select User Interface > Announcement banner in the System panel below.
  3. Enter the required text in the Announcement field.
  4. Select the required Visibility Level for the banner.
  5. Click the Set Banner button.
Lou-Guardia February 18, 2021

this works well. thank you. Are you aware of any issues with changing this?

Thanks

Deleted user February 19, 2021

No there will be no issue as per my knowledge.

Stuart Williams February 19, 2021

Hi,

I have asked the admins if it is possible to do this for our environment.

0 votes
Deleted user July 30, 2019

Hi All,

We have the same problem in jira version 7.13.4.

Can somebody help me to fix the same?

Regards,

Shubhanshu

0 votes
cbloeb July 23, 2015

Cool! A bug! You're welcome. And thanks for responding so quickly.

0 votes
cbloeb July 22, 2015

Thanks Eugene - I've attached three screenshots to provide additional context. If a quick look does not suggest an obvious answer, I'll file a ticket. Much appreciated.

0 votes
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Hello! Normally the Epic Links are rendered the same way JIRA does it, so it looks the same as you see it on Issue Details page, for example. 

Could you please check if it looks ok on issue details? 

And, if possible, attach the screenshots of the epic link on issue details page and in the structure.

If you want, please feel free to create a support request in our JIRA: http://almworks.com/structure/support-request

Thanks,

Eugene

ALM Works Team

Suggest an answer