Why is the Y-achsis of my cummulative workflow diagramm not equally distributed?

Kathrin June 10, 2022

Hello :)

The Y-achsis of my diagramm is not equally distributed and therefore distorts the message. It looks like the progress is much worse than it actually is (done: 59/75 -> There should be a lot more green) Is there a way that i can change this view? Unbenannt.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Kathrin -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Atlassian's interpretation of a Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD) draws the data based upon the currently viewed date/time range and filter. 

• So it only draws the bands correctly and in proportion to count/time when all possible data is displayed
  • As soon as you zoom in or filter, the proportions are incorrect.  The chart does not perform the math to find the correct y-intercept and y-maximum for all of the data to display the currently focused region of display.  (Imagine this as a window view of a much larger chart.)

If you need an accurate CFD your options are to:

• export your data and build your own CFD based on issue history
  • investigate the Atlassian Marketplace for addon reporting or dashboard gadgets

Kind regards,
Bill

Kathrin June 12, 2022

Hello @Bill Sheboy

thank you for your reply :)

That was really helpful.

Kind regards, 

Kathrin 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer