Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why is the Y-achsis of my cummulative workflow diagramm not equally distributed?

Edited
Kathrin I'm New Here Jun 10, 2022

Hello :)

The Y-achsis of my diagramm is not equally distributed and therefore distorts the message. It looks like the progress is much worse than it actually is (done: 59/75 -> There should be a lot more green) Is there a way that i can change this view? Unbenannt.PNG

1 answer

Hi @Kathrin -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Atlassian's interpretation of a Cumulative Flow Diagram (CFD) draws the data based upon the currently viewed date/time range and filter. 

• So it only draws the bands correctly and in proportion to count/time when all possible data is displayed
  • As soon as you zoom in or filter, the proportions are incorrect.  The chart does not perform the math to find the correct y-intercept and y-maximum for all of the data to display the currently focused region of display.  (Imagine this as a window view of a much larger chart.)

If you need an accurate CFD your options are to:

• export your data and build your own CFD based on issue history
  • investigate the Atlassian Marketplace for addon reporting or dashboard gadgets

Kind regards,
Bill

Kathrin I'm New Here Jun 12, 2022

Hello @Bill Sheboy

thank you for your reply :)

That was really helpful.

Kind regards, 

Kathrin 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you