Why is the Fix Version field not showing up on the Create Issue screen?

Ryan Jones April 14, 2014

I have created a screen, associated it with a screen scheme and associated that to an issue type screen scheme which I have then associated to the desired project and it is still not working. Trying to alter the custom fields just tells me it should be visible, any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2014

My guess is that you are using an account that does not have the right to resolve issues. That stops you setting a fix version, so Jira hides the field.

Ryan Jones April 15, 2014

I have an account with admin access and I can resolve, close and delete issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2014

Mmm, your admin rights are irrelevant (they just determine that you can use the admin functions), and just because you can resolve an issue doesn't mean you have resolve permission - it's easy to change the workflows and remove or change the conditions that allow resolving issues.

Have a look in the permissions. Check that your account really does meet the criteria for resolve issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2014

D'oh! Sorry, I should have said to check the config again. Especially as it's the bit I always forget myself! Nicely spotted.

Ryan Jones April 15, 2014

Ok, looks like I didn't carry over my permission set to the new project. Thanks!

Suggest an answer