Why is test user able to close issues when he does not have permissions according to scheme?

Robert Dolan March 25, 2013

I tried unsuccessfully to re-create the situation described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Roles

Using project roles

Project roles enable you to associate users with particular functions. For example, if your organisation requires all software development issues to be tested by a Quality Assurance person before being closed, you could do the following:

1. Create a project role calledQuality Assurance.
  2. Create a permission scheme calledSoftware Development, in which you assign the 'Close Issue' permission to theQuality Assuranceproject role.
  3. Associate theSoftware Developmentpermission scheme with all software development projects.
  4. For each software development project,addthe appropriate Quality Assurance people to theQuality Assuranceproject role.

Kind Regards,

Robert

1 answer

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2013

Hi Robert, after configuring the permissions scheme you have to set a condition on your workflow too.

Edit your workflow and check in the transition Close Issue the conditions tab. There you should have something like 'Only user with close issue permission can execute this transition'

Hope this helps.

Robert Dolan March 25, 2013

Hi Ramiro, thanks for your answer. It may have resolved my question, I'm not sure yet. In any event, your answer has motivated me to look more carefully at the way that transitions are implemented, so thank you very much indeed! I will be looking into this now for several hours and am satisfied that my question can be closed. Thanks again, Ramiro for your very fast response!

Kind regards,

Robert

Suggest an answer