Why is structure plugin not displaying on the jira issue page?

Sri Kanth February 13, 2014
One of our users when she opens an issue page, it doesn't display structure in it. However, a hard fresh (sometimes twice according to the user) displays it. I observed this on my machine too. Is there anything I'm missing here? But otherwise, thanks for a great plugin. Here are details:
machine OS: Win 7 Ent
JIRA version: 5.2.5
structure version: 2.5.3.jira5
IE :10
-Sri

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2014

If a certain user does not see Structure panel on an issue page, and with hard refresh (or after some time) they start to see it, this may be a known issue with permission caching. It is the case when the user initially a) did not have permissions to see the given issue; or b) did not have permissions to work with Structure. This state can be cached by Structure and refreshed only periodically.

This is a known issue, which is a side-effect of important performance optimization. Hopefully, it's not an often case when this confuses the user.

Kind regards,
Igor

Sri Kanth July 21, 2014

Unfortunately, the problem is not resolved yet. The user (remote) says she is able to see the Structure in Issue Details only sometimes. Even the hard refresh doesn't help her other times (this after few months of using Structure). So perm caching may not be the problem.

The details stand as above except for IE: 8.

I'm attaching 2 mht files saved as text (and sanitized) when Structure is visible and NOT visible. Please let me know any other info that might help to resolve this.

(Structure visible in Issue Details page.txt)

(Structure NOT visible in Issue Details page.txt)

0 votes
duong bui June 27, 2020

The same case with me. I have added structure app (in the marketplace apps) the structure app show "added" but in the project, no structure is visible in panel

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2020

Hi Duong,

This may be a recent bug, where structure sometimes does not display (this affects Chrome mainly). I'd recommend contacting support@almworks.com (if you haven't already) so that we could determine what may be affecting your issue page.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

0 votes
Sri Kanth February 16, 2014

Thanks Peter and Igor. There is a possibility internet connections of the user is slow. I'm not sure if its a contributing factor, but I will let my users know what Igor has to say on caching perms.

Great plugin, thx Igor. My users are delighted to see the structure widget and manipulations possible on it.

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2014

The issue may or may not show up on the structure depends how it was created.

- If the issue is created using the standat Create Issue button in JIRA it won't show on the structure. It has to be added to the structure afterwards
- If you create the issue directly from the struction it will show there.

Suggest an answer