Why is "Story Points" unavailable on Boards through Operations Dialog box?

j_belousek September 29, 2017

Using the "." shortcut you can bring up the Operations dialog box that allows you to do any number of operations. While I'm in the Issue Navigator, "." will allow me to go to "Story Points". However, if I am on a Kanban or Scrum Agile Board, the "." dialog box still works, but the "Story Points" field is not available.

Is there a hard lined reason for this from Atlassian?

Is there a bug in with Atlassian already?

Is it related to me being on JIRA CORE 7.1.9?

I'm in the process of getting my company's IT to update, but it'd be nice to know if I will still have to deal with this inconsistency. 

1 answer

0 votes
Marcel Wilson September 29, 2017

When you pull up the operations dialog from the board, aren't those operations specific to the board? Rather than the operations available while in a ticket? 

I never use that menu, so I could be mistaken.

j_belousek October 2, 2017

I can see your point, but if I am previewing a specific issue I am given some fields I can edit. Edit is the main operation I want to do, but I just to want to edit Story Points w/o leaving that board view. Otherwise I either have go to the the issue navigator or into the specific issue itself and then use the "." shortcut. 

Marcel Wilson October 3, 2017

After playing with it, I see your point.  It would be nice to have all the same abilities within a ticket window as in the preview frame.

On that note, it is possible to edit the story points from the preview pane, just not using the shortcut you described.

Suggest an answer