Why is our Jira instance so slow and buggy?

Crispin Bailey July 21, 2014

About 2 weeks ago our team started noticing that Jira was acting weird - suddenly we couldn't reorder tickets within a column, and creating new tickets became unbearably slow as saving would take up to 30 seconds. We've manually re-indexed several times, with no effect (in fact even re-indexing takes much longer than it used to).

One thing did change around that time, we started using Confluence. Not sure if that's relevant but thought I'd mention it.

Has anyone encountered these symptoms? Any advice?

3 answers

0 votes
Crispin Bailey July 22, 2014

Thanks guys! I reached out to the support team and they've added memory to our instance, so hopefully we'll see some improvements today. Apparently we were using more memory than was allocated to our account.

@Paul, thank you, yes I saw that issue (GHS-10872) and am following it closely. Looks like we may have to get rolled back to a previous version if the additional memory and re-indexing doesn't do the trick. Fingers crossed!

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hi Crispin,

The behaviour regarding the re-ordering of tickets sounds similar to a known bug tracked via GHS-10872

Atlassian Support are able to apply the remedies to your instance to address these issues. Just raise via support.atlassian.com

Regarding performance issues, one great tool which aids investigation is Generating a HAR file to allow the support team to analyse where a bottle-neck may be occurring. Just be sure to attach them to your ticket :)

Cheers,
Paul

0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Hi Crispin,

Performance issues are faster to troubleshoot by analysing the log files and, since you are an OnDemand customer, by viewing the instance itself.

Please raise a support ticket in support.atlassian.comso one of the OnDemand engineers can investigate the problem further with you!

Cheers,

Pietro Schaff

Suggest an answer