Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is my custom field not appearing in edit screen

Hi all,

I created a custom field 'Capability L1'. And configured it to be included in create, edit, and view screens.

The custom field is appearing in both create and view screens. But for some strange reason, the field is missing in edit screen even the edit screen is a copy of create screen.

Anyone knows what am I doing wrong?

Regards,

1 answer

@Zaldy Parian First question is, are you definitely using the new issue view? Most users should now only be using the new issue view, as Atlassian is phasing out the old view. On the new view, there is no 'separate' edit screen in the same way that there was in the old view (in that there is no 'Edit' button which takes you to a separate pop-up screen. See more details on this here if you're interested.

Assuming you're eon the new view, perhaps your field is hidden under the "Show n more fields" on the bottom right of the screen? Empty fields that are editable often can be hidden here.

One other thing to check is that the screens are definitely mapped correctly:

• Fields are added to screens
  • Screens are mapped to issue operations in Screen Schemes
  • Screen Schemes are mapped to issue types in Issue Type Screen Schemes
  • Issue Type Screen Schemes are mapped to projects

Hi Callum,

Thanks for your reply.

We are no longer able to use the old view. And I think if we are still using the old view, if the edit screen is an exact copy of create screen, then the field should be visible.

And no, the field is not hidden because we could see it in both create and display view even the field is empty.

@Zaldy Parian In that case, I am slightly confused as to what your question is...

the field is not hidden because we could see it in both create and display view even the field is empty

After a task has been created, if you can see the field on the 'View' screen even when it is empty, then that sounds like the field is on the edit screen and therefore should be editable - if you click on the field, are you able to edit the value?

Hi Callum,

Yes strangely, when I transition the status to the next status, in the pop-up form the field is not showing. But in create and view the field is visible.

Regards,

Zaldy

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ ,

I think i found the issue. I did not associate the screen in the workflow transition. 

After associating the screen to the status transition, the field is now visible.

Thanks for your help, anyway.

Ahh I see what you mean. No worries, glad you got it sorted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you