Why is ad hoc workflow displaying activity with no submit option for my approval step?

Loe Lee August 11, 2014

Hey Community,
I'm trying to learn how to configure an ad hoc workflow for my docs team with specific approvers.

I added an approval but every time I get to that approval, it either shows me an unselectable accept and reject button or it shows me the activity view of previous actions in the workflow. What am I doing wrong? Help!

Screen shots below....

Loe

1 answer

1 vote
Ulrich Kuhnhardt [Comalatech]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hi,

you can't transition from 'Ready for Review' because this state requires an approval to be present like

{state:Ready for review|approved=Approved|rejected=Working on it}
    	{approval:Approve}
    {state}
    {state:Approved}
    {state}

'Ready for review' does not offer the 'submit' parameter that is used in the previous states to transition to the next state. You can also refer to more documentation about workflow states here

Let us know if that works for you.

Ulrich Kuhnhardt [Comalatech]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Here are some suggestions:

1. Make the 'Approved' state final and add a transition to 'Working on it' in case the page is updated
    {state:Approved|final=true|updated=Working on it}
    {state}

Suggest an answer