Why is activity stream showing every project for users only assigned to a certain project?

Russ LeWinter April 24, 2012

I've gone into Roles and just used it by username, removed the groups from the project and doing roles strictly by username. As a user, they cannot select a project from the drop down at the top of JIRA studio. So I've successfully hidden items, but I don't want those projects showing up in the activity stream.

For instance:

User 1 is working on Project X

User 2 is working on Project Y

User 1 can see Project X & Y in activity Stream.... they should only see Project X.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Hi, I believe you can edit the gadget of the Activity Stream an select a filter.

You could create a filter to show only projects where the user is assigned and then select that filter.

Russ LeWinter April 25, 2012

Yes I noticed that, however a user can technically remove the filter if they want. Is it possible to restrict this stream? Or how can I edit each person's dashboard to remove it from the activity stream. I don't want to them click into something they are not supposed to see.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

That actually made me think a little more... Are you sure the permission scheme is well configured in every project? Especially the Browse Project permission? It can't be that someone how isn't able to see a project has that project in the Activity Stream. I'm now doing some tests and this only happens if the user is able to see the project.

Russ LeWinter April 25, 2012

I tried a few things... so it could be either of the items. I added a new User Group, then assigned it members. Then I restricted the HOME in Wiki to that group only. I then made a copy of the Default Permission Scheme, and switched the "Browse Projects" to the Group only. Now, logging in as another user it seems to no longer show that project in the Activity Stream. Thank you for your help.

1 vote
Gladcraft Digital LLC June 18, 2013

I had this problem. In the Default Permission Scheme, on the Browse Projects permission, I deleted Group: Users, and added Project Role: Users. The result is that only people in the Users role for a project can see that project.

Suggest an answer