Why is a project not show when adding a project roll to browsing a project in the permission scheme?

Stephan Sander July 13, 2017

Hello,

I changed in the permission scheme for a project the permisson for browing issue to a project role (which me included).

After that the project is not availible anymore. If I add me just a user to this permission I can see the project.

What is the reason for that?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

You may have misread the permission; you can restrict "Browse Issue" by using "Issue Security Schemes" via Permissions there is a Browse Project permissions.

Browse Project - view individual issues (except issues that have been restricted via issue-level security). Many other permissions are dependent on this permission, e.g. the 'Work On Issues' permission is only effective for users who also have the 'Browse Projects' permission.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

Stephan Sander July 13, 2017

Shawn, thank you for your reply.

Sorry, my mistake, I am still a rookie.

I actually meant "Browse Project permission".  To this permisson I added a project role including me an another person. But we cannot see the project. But if I add myself as individual to "Browse Project permission" I can see the project.

That is what I meant. Thank you.

Suggest an answer