Why is a custom field not present in the 'More Criteria' drop down in my filter in JIRA?

William Gergits July 31, 2014

So I have created 3 custom fields, that are identical except for their names. All are of the type Select List, are linked to only bugs in one project. When I go to create a filter, choosing that project and only bugs as the issue type, two of the fields show up in the 'More Criteria' list, but the third one doesn't. It doesn't even show up greyed out, it's just not even present at all. I know that fields can only be filtered if they apply to the project/issue types you are searching for, but I have that set up properly. Do you have any ideas why a custom field wouldn't show up at all in the 'More Criteria' drop down?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

Please edit the problem field and check you've added searcher for that field. It is possible that there is no searcher attached.

0 votes
William Gergits July 31, 2014

Doh! Not sure how that didn't get set in the first place, but that did the trick. Thanks!

Suggest an answer