Why is Resolution read-only?

Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

Hello,

I have the Resolution field on several view screens in several projects and have no problem with editing it. However, I have one project where Resolution is read-only and I can't figure out why. I have no behaviours that set it as read-only, it has been added to the screen, it is not set as read-only in the field configuration.

I don't know what else to check for. Anyone know what could be the cause for this behavior?

Thanks,

Cristina

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

It may have a workflow property set to prevent editing in a status.

The field must also be on the edit screen to enable inline-edit in the view screen.

But.  NEVER put the resolution on an edit screen.  If you do that, then anyone who clicks "edit" will set the resolution, which will immediately break your JIRA if the issue is in a non-closed status.  You need to remove it from the edit screens where-ever you have added it.

2 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

To edit resolution a user must have Resolve resolution permission. Check that you have this one.

Suggest an answer