Why is JIRA plugin created in the SDK folder instead of given path?

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

Hi,
I am creating jira plugin with atlas-create-jira-plugin. Pretty normal procedure, which I have done dozens of time.
But the project is being created in Atlassian's SDK directory instead of where I am executing it. 

As you can see from the screenshot, I am clearly executing this in path D, but the plugin skeleton is being generated in C, where atlas sdk is installed. 

Capture.PNG

This is driving me crazy. I am not able to figure out why is this happening. 

Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

Hey Tayyab,

As a test, could you please try running the command in a folder without spaces in the name and let me know if that changes anything?

Thanks

Bhushan

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Ah! 

This was happening because of the & sign in my directory name.

I renamed my folder from "Work & Study" to "Work and Study" and it works fine now.
I dont know why but for some weird reason the name with letter & was creating the plugin skeleton in SDK folder. 

Weird. 

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer