Why is JIRA generating a priority / severity with value "-1" in a Agile Board

Michael Knobloch November 8, 2017

Hi there,

currently I am suffering a really strange issue on a JIRA instance I am responsible for:

In two agile boards are configured to color cards based on priority.

JIRA is creating a priority with value "-1" and a grey color. I can delete this card color. But if I switch back to the board and than look into the configuration again this priority with value "-1" is there again.

I already looked in the database to find any issues with a "wrong" priority, but did not find any match. Also there is no priority with value "-1".

Do anyone of you can help me, how to fix this issue?

Greetings,

Michael

2 answers

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

@Michael Knobloch, Strange behavior.  The simple answer is to just delete the -1 entry on your board.  Why did this happen?  Maybe there is a old priority value/corrupt entry in one of your issues.

.pd

Simply deleting is not working, because it is coming back instantly :)! But I think I found the solution at the Atlassian Backlog (see answer above)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

Do you have a -1 priority in the priority list?

Do you have any scripting add-ons installed?

Thanks for your answer.

We are running Scriptrunner at this JIRA instance.

There is also one Board related to another project, which is not facing this issue.

I attached some screenshots of the priority list and the board configuration

image.pngimage.png

Hm, maybe it is related to this issue/bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15931

I tested it with setting the priority on all issues in on board and I was able to delete the -1 severity from the board configuration

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

Looks like that may be it.

Suggest an answer