Why in View screen associated with "view issue" operation edition of fields is allowed?

Begoña Bonet October 19, 2014

I have defined a Screen scheme with 3 screens:

• Vista for issue view operation
  • Edición for issue edition operation
  • Crear for issue creation operation

Vista has the same fields/customfiels as Edición. When I'm in Vista screen (making view issue operation) JIRA allows me to edit every field. I thougth that in "view issue operation" edition is not allow? I´m wrong? How can I forbiden the edition of fields in "Vista" screen?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2014

This is the "inline edit" function that lets you quickly change fields without having to leave the view screen.

The function respects the settings in your "edit" screen, so if you remove fields from edit, they will no longer be editable in view.

There's a request to be able to partially or totally disable inline edit if you want to watch/vote on it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29091

Thanks, now I understand how JIRA works in that sense. I've voted JIRA-29091

Only one question more..... the "inline edit" function doesn't take into account the Behaviour defined for fields? For example, I can edit in "view Screen" fields that appears in "Edition screen" even when I've defined them as "Readonly".... Is this right for "inline edit" function?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2014

You can't define a field as read-only in Jira unless it's a genuine read-only field (can only be set by code) or a field you do not put on Create, Edit or Transition.

ok, thanks. I'll take that into account when using Behaviour plugin related to Edit Screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2014

Oh, the Behaviours addon, I didn't make the connection. I'm not sure it handles inline edit that way yet.

I've the Behaviour add-on installed and it doesn't works for me. The fiels are editable even in Behaviour they are defined as Readolny. Baded in your advice, I'll review the readonly fields in my Edit Screen.

Suggest an answer