Why i can't open JIRA business project management task?

Olegs Davidovs June 5, 2017

Hi,

I have a trouble - can't open any task on currently created business project management project.

Also tried to create a project with a sample data, but it's also not working.

By click any task I get the message below:

"We couldn't connect to that issue

Make sure that this issue actually exists in that project. If it does, try again in a few minutes. If you still can't link to the issue, contact your JIRA admin." 

Please help me to solve this problem, thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

I think the advice to contact your JIRA Admin applies here.  I want to read the log files, and it's your admins who can do that.

Candace Phelps August 14, 2017

Hi Nic,

I'm the admin and I'm investigating this issue. Where do I look for the logs? What am I looking for? Was there an update or something that caused this issue?

Thanks,

Candace

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

Start in <jira home>/logs and with the atlassian-jira.log file.  There are others we might look at, but that's the starting place.  If you're not sure of <jira home>, then Admin -> System info will name the log with the full path.

Hmm, can you be more specific? I've tried following what you suggested and so I tried accessing the following:

<project site>/logs

I get asked for credentials but it doesn't accept my Atlassian credentials, so I'm blocked.

Any other suggestions? Is this caused by an update from Jira? Can we roll that update back?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

It's the physical server logs you need to see.  <jira home> is the directory JIRA keeps its data in on the disk.

That question makes me think you might be on Cloud, rather than Server, is that the case?

Yes, we are on Cloud. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

Ok, well, we need to look at what the server is doing, but on Cloud, it's a mangaged service, and you don't have access at that level.

You should raise it with https://support.atlassian.com/contact - they can look into logs etc for you.

Suggest an answer