Why few users randomly can not see Export button on Search for issues?

Mateusz Wójtowicz July 25, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Search Results to Microsoft Excel

Where can I set up permissions to allow users making export from Search for issue view.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

There is no permission for this.

If your users are being blocked, you've got a customisation that is blocking it - possibly an addon or javascript.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned in title this button is appearing randomly. For example: yesterday I received information "thank you for fixing export!" and few hours later "it is not working again". I checked audit logs and nothing changed for this user (including permissions to project, groups, etc.).

I want to know how to make it works permanently - do you have any other ideas what should I check? Maybe you've heard about add-ons which are blocking this feature?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

I'm not aware of any add-ons that might block it, but that does not mean there aren't any.

I'd use a browser with debug tools to see if the option is coming out in the html and if there's any javascript affecting it, then take a look at the logs on the server (atlassian-jira.log) to see if there are any errors in there.

Thank you for your reply again. I will check it and let you know about results of investigations in next week.

Suggest an answer