Why don't sub tasks update from parent in create transition post-function

Andrew Jefferson February 21, 2012

Hi,

I have set up a post function on Jira that should update a fied in an issue from a parent issue on the create transition. But when I create a sub task it is not setting the field to the value of the parent.

What's going on? p.s. I have moved the post function to be below "create issue originally"

Andrew

2 answers

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

Your functions need to be *above* "creates the issue originally", not below.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2012

Are you using the JIRA Suite Utilities for this, to copy the value of a field?

Check that you've got the right issue type associated to the workflow in your workflow scheme.

Andrew Jefferson February 22, 2012

From the link you provided:
The JIRA Suite Utilities plugin provides three additional workflow post-functions:

• Copy Value From Other Field
  • Update Issue Custom Field
  • Clear Field Value

I can't see that any of those have anything to do with updating an issue from its parent.

I am using the built in post function "Set Field Value from Parent" - I would attach a screenshot but I can't.

We only have one workflow for all issue types - I have checked that it is set correctly and it is.

Suggest an answer