Why don't some issues show up in the search feature until I re-index the system?

Kelsey Collins September 23, 2015

When I click on search for issues and filter to a certain project type, tickets I know are open do not filter in. They also don't show up when I search for them in the 'contains text' search field . However, if I search for them in the main search field at the top of the screen, it will pull up the ticket without a problem. Re-indexing the system seems to solve the problem, but its a hassle. I haven't made any significant changes to the system so I don't think I should need to re-index. Any suggestions on solutions?

3 answers

2 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

It should be reindexing as needed. Are you doing anything directly to the database?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

JIRA indexes as it goes, so you've got something damaging your index during normal operations.  You need to find that and fix it.  It's usually a broken plugin or script.  Or, as Joe suggests, something is updating your database outside JIRA - you absolutely must find and stop that if that is the case.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Yes sometimes lucene indexes(issue navigator is using) gets corrupted or out of sync. This might be the problem not showing issues.

Check the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Issues+are+not+appearing+in+Issue+Navigator+search+or+Dashboards

Suggest an answer