Why don't Confluence and JIRA share labels?

SSchoepel October 2, 2014

We are using a JIRA issue type to assign a workflow to approval of a Confluence page. I would like to use the labels applied to the Confluence pages as part of my filtering on my JIRA issues. BUT, I cannot see linked Confluence pages under the Links AND I cannot see any of the Confluence labels in the list of labels available for filtering.

The project and space are linked via application links.

Where can I change the setting that will allow JIRA to list page links and allow me to filter on Confluence labels? I don't want to have to "relabel" the issues in JIRA with the same ones I've applied in Confluence.

Thank you.

2 answers

2 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Hey Sigrid,

After checking your post I went ahead and created a feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35349

Please make sure to vote for the issue and add your thoughts in there. In case my description is does not have enough information let me know trough the feature so I can edit for you.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

The labels aren't shared, so you are seeing intended functionality. You could submit a feature request at jira.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer