Why doesn't the user recieve notifications by email?

Richard Pauly April 16, 2015

Earlier we had JIRA ServiceDesk.

Now we changed to JIRA Agile.

Before, when I changed an issue or made a comment the user registered as a reporter recieved an email. The reporter did not have access to JIRA. A user account, but not using any licenses.

Now when we removed the JIRA ServiceDesk the reporter doesn't recieve a notification when the issue is updated or commented on.

Is there any way to make this work without JIRA ServiceDesk?

As I see it we curently have the option of either paying the license fee for both Agile and ServiceDesk, or paying the license fee for evry user to have access to Jira.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

Hello Richard, 

In Service Desk version 2.0, licensing is based on the number of Agents you have working on issues in your Service Desk environment; you can have an unlimited number of Service Desk Customers and they would receive updates and notifications on the issues they have created within your Service Desk Environment.

With JIRA Licensing, anyone who needs to view, create, edit, or receive notifications for issues must be a Licensed JIRA User.

-shawn

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2015

I'm not familiar with service desk, but in regular JIRA you must have an account and at least browse access to the project to receive emails. How did you get them as the reporter without an account?

Suggest an answer