Why doesn't synchronization work as expected?

Put a user in the appropriate AD group, for example JIRA-Developer and JIRA-User on the domain controller. User is in both groups.

Go to Jira. Re index. Go to User Administration | User Directories - AD is R/O and is first. Click Synchronize. Sometimes does something, mostly it placates the admin...

User is still not available in Jira.

Wait 24 hours.

Now User shows up.

Crazy. I don't understand why Atlassian doesn't take AD more seriously. This impacts my business.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

There's something wrong with your connection, but it's hard to tell what from what you're seeing.  What are the settings, and what does the log say is going on?  (Ideally, look on both sides - JIRA and the AD logs)

This widget could not be displayed.

This is only for NEW users, I have 50+ users that it works fine for.

Even waiting doesn’t work.

The only thing that works is to have the user login – then the cache is populated.

I am trying to set up new projects for users, can’t make them owners if they have not logged in yet.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

76 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you