Why does user keep being added as a watcher?

Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

I have an issue in a project that each time I tick off watching it, I just get added right back on. I removed myself by a number of methods including, in form editing, edit issue, and via a transition, yet I am added right back on. Does not happen for any other issues. 

I am not the creator of the issue either. 

Anyone know why this may be?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2016

Check the users profile setting:

Autowatch: Inherit from global settings

might mean that if they work on an issue, they are automatically re-added as watchers (based on your global configuration for this), anyway, check this out in their profile.

Eric Sara
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2016

HI Jonas,

Thanks for the reply. While I am not 100% sure where to check for what you have suggested (if you can point me in the right direction that would be great), I don'e see how it can be a global setting given it is only happening for one issues out of the 100+ project we have set up. Or am I missing something? 

Suggest an answer