Why does the "cross project release section" in my Portfolio Plan not display?

Nyssa Watkin January 7, 2019

I am trying to configure/edit/change my cross project release in my portfolio plan, but I don't see a "cross project release section"?

All the guidance I have found supporting managing of cross project releases mentions a "cross project release section" under the Releases tab, but I don't have that on my plan. I've created a cross project release, but I have no way of managing it other than through each individual project,

Is there anything I'm missing? I believe I have version 2.7.0 of Portfolio.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2019

Hi Nyssa,

That does sound odd, it should be under the Releases tab in portfolio 2.7.0, like this:

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.17.47 PM.png

Either selecting the "Create One" option (Highlighted in orange section) or the "+Create Release" option (Highlighted in the red section.  By selecting either option it should pull up the dialogue to create either the cross project release or single release like this:

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 5.19.09 PM.png

If its not showing up for you then can you verify the portfolio version under manage add-ons, and also grab a screenshot of the releases tab so We can see what you are seeing, and also use the browsers developer tools javascript console to see if there are any scripting errors flagged on the page load?

I would also recommend running through THIS GUIDE to rule out any client side issues that might be conflicting with the app.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer