Why does the project look different for two users?

b.tahir January 13, 2020

I Created a Next gen project. with Limited Access. I added another user to the projects. I see a kanban board, but the other user only sees a issue filtering view. 

Ive even made this person an admin in the project but they still see it differently and are not able to create tasks. 

Screenshots:

my view is the one with the kanban boards. 

the other view is for my coworker. 

and the first screenshot with the lock and key is what happens when you click return to projects. 

2020-01-09_9-55-40.png2020-01-09_9-56-06.png2020-01-09_9-56-45.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @b.tahir

As you point out, a limited access project to which a user has been granted access and admin rights should allow them to see the project board. There might be something slightly off with your configuration.

Can you share a screenshot of your project's access (People) configuration page?

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo 

Even if you add a user as a admin in a next-gen project, the user will not be able to see the boards unless the user has 'Jira Software' license.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

@b.tahir 

The user need to granted Jira Software license to access software boards (Next-gen is a Software feature).

If you are the site-admin, you can check the user licenses from Administration > Users page by viewing the details for the affected user. I suspect, in this case, the user has Jira Core license only.

Suggest an answer