Why does the epic name not display for my story in backlog view?

Deleted user June 10, 2016

I have a user story that is owned by an epic in another project. When in backlog view, the epic name does not display next to the story point estimate and assignee. However, in the sprint swim lane view, the epic name does display.

Is there a setting that enables cross-project epic names to appear in the backlog view?

2 answers

0 votes
Valerie September 11, 2018

Hi,

We experienced the problem described above. In our case the solution was to configure the same parameters in Epic as you have in your board filter. (Epic parameters should match the board filter).

Michael Sole August 14, 2019

I suspected as much, where do I set those?

I am also having a related issue, I created a Kanban board with a seperate backlog but do not see the epic link under versions.

Nevermind, I found where to turn that on, just need the answer to the previous question

Was really hoping for an answer on this, it sounds like you have it already. Also (again slightly related), in JQL is there a field to determine if an issue is from Jira Service Desk?

Michael Sole August 15, 2019

Valerie, I apologize. I got my tabs confused and thought this was a support ticket and I was talking to a support person. Please disregard my comments. If you can point to what you mean by "Epic Parameters" I would appreciate it.

Arvind Gavvala May 14, 2021

It worked for me when i added myself into the Project where Epic got created.

Hope this helps

0 votes
Deleted user June 10, 2016

You need to go to the board configuration screen -> Card layout and add Epic to the backlog cards. The Sprint view shows it because the Epic is part of the lane definition.

Robert Laswick June 13, 2016

The issue here is that the Epic itself belongs to one Project while the Story belongs to another.  When viewing the Story in the Backlog view, the associated Epic is not displayed (despite how the board is configured).  It is however displayed in the Board view, just not the Backlog view, which would ease Backlog prioritization and Sprint Planning.  Seems like this is a bug Atlassian needs to fix.

Like Sarath likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events