Why does the development section in my JIRA tickets not displaying?

Dave Marr December 3, 2014

My coworkers have a section in JIRA marked "Development" where they see the link to the Pull Request linked to the ticket. This is managed through github and for some reason I don't ever see the section. 

I also seem to not get the workflow management behavior of auto updating ticket status through pushing PRs.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Marr December 3, 2014

Thanks Jobin! How do I find out if I have that permission?

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

You should contact your JIRA administrators and ask them to add you. This section is found inside the Permission Scheme of the project your tickets belong to.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

You must have the 'view development tools' permission to be able to see the Development panel. Do you have it?

I am not sure what you mean by the auto updating of ticket status through pushing PRs.

Suggest an answer