Why does "admin" appear when workflow properties are used?

Greg Warner October 9, 2014

We have a use case where we need to allow our customers to be assignable users for early parts of the workflow.

To do this we're using workflow with an assign button and step properties that deny their access later in the workflow while we work on their issue.

We also give them access to edit issues using the same mechanism.

When the issue is created the properties are:

jira.permission.assign.denied.group.1 = Developers

jira.permission.assign.denied.group.2 = Customer 

but we find this also adds the "Admin" button to add a custom field.

so we added 

jira.permission.admin.denied.group.2 = Customer 

but this removes the "edit" option in the workflow and we can not work out why.

Does anyone have any idea why when we deny a group the admin button appears, and when we deny admin both the admin AND the edit button are removed?

2 answers

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

Greg, if the admin button you are talking about is the one in the view issue screen then you should know that this button is only visible for the JIRA administrator.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2014

What do you mean by this "admin" button which appears?  Where is it?  (I don't know of anything that "adds an admin button to add a custom field")

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2014

I think he's talking about the 'Admin' option in the view issue screen where you have the option to: - Add field - Where is my field? - Permission helper - Notification helper

Suggest an answer