Why does my UI appear different than other coworkers at my office?

bthayer November 2, 2017

So my Jira boards and basic UI always seems to show menu items and so forth on the left side of the screen. But my coworkers are seeing a UI with all of the menu options on the top of the screen on a blue menu bar? Why doesnt my UI look like this? Also, atlassian training is based on the blue bar UI and not the side bar UI. So alot of the information in the Labs doesnt apply to the way i would do it in my UI. (Basically a waste of money for me since i had to figure it out on my own). If there is a setting i could change that would be great! I just dont understand why if we are all under the same licence and same projects i would have such a different view. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The first picture is my UI the second is my coworkers.

side bar.PNG

top bar.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2017

What you are seeing is the new UI. If you go back to Jira home (click on the Jira icon at the top Jira.png) you should see the Turn off for now icon, that will get you back to the old UI. 

turn off.png

bthayer November 2, 2017

Yep that worked perfectly! Thanks so much for your help!

Suggest an answer