Why does my Jira Service Desk project open by default on the "Reports" submenu?

Kyle September 25, 2019

I have an annoyance with navigating into our Jira Service Desk project. We have several projects, so to switch between them I click the "Jira" icon (which goes the the projects page) and the click the Service Desk project.

The Service Desk project opens and defaults to the Reports submenu - which I seldom use. So then I have to click "Back to project" to get to the main service desk project navigation which has all the options I want to see. The extra "back to project" click is annoying.

Anyone know how to change that behavior?

jira-service-desk-navigation.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2019

It remembers where you were last. If you were in queues and the exit to another project for instance and come back to the previous project it should return to where you were last. If you were in queues it should return there. At least that has been my observation 

Kyle September 26, 2019

Well that makes sense. I found that by going to the "Queues" option - the next time I return to the project it shows the main queue and continues to display to top level menu navigation (rather than the queue menu sub-navigation).  That's pretty much what I want.

Thanks

Suggest an answer