Why does my JIRA Avatar keep disappearing?

Nikki February 22, 2017

Recently, my boss asked me to put my Avatar back in my JIRA profile.  I was confused, as I had never removed it, but I also had not noticed that it was no longer showing up.  Unconcerned, I simply re-uploaded the image, refreshed my browser, and there it was.  Throughout the day, I noticed that every time I glanced at my profile, the Avatar was missing, and my boss mentioned again that I needed to replace it.  What am I to do in order to make my Avatar stay put?  I use a Windows 7 Professional OS and Firefox browser (he uses Chrome).  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

PS-I re-added it and refreshed the browser right before posting this, so please don't point out that it is there now, I promise you, it will be gone shortly.

6 answers

5 votes
Stephen Blackwell February 22, 2017

This is also happening across teams that I am administering. Avatars are dropping out for no apparent reason (also using Chrome).

0 votes
Sanjeev Rai September 23, 2020

Same issue happening with our JIRA instance as well. Also, If I load the gravatar image in new tab and then go back and refresh the jira page then gravatar images start loading fine. After sometimes it start disappearing again.

0 votes
Christo Neethling May 22, 2019

We are also having the same issue

Sean May 30, 2019

After 2 years this keeps happening...sad.

I wonder if Craft users are having such trivial issues with their app? May have to find out.

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user July 24, 2019

This just happened within the past week for myself and some team members. Very strange. 

0 votes
Ehsan Rezaie January 18, 2018

I had this issue and fixed it by adding an avatar to gravatar.com associated with my JIRA email address.

0 votes
Iain Waddell December 13, 2017

Same here. Just started a trial and had to add it three times in the first 90 mins of use. Very poor

0 votes
Corwin Myers October 27, 2017

This is also happening for me. Anyone have a suggestion? 

Suggest an answer