Why does @mention not auto populate after 3 characters?

Kevin Dalton January 30, 2015

4 answers

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Where are your users being managed? Internal, Crowd or external LDAP? I know there have been issues with things like OpenLDAP and other sorts if not funneled through Crowd. If entered directly into JIRA as a directory it can have issues with timeouts and syncing.

Kevin Dalton February 3, 2015

All users are pulled in through LDAP

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

What kind of LDAP?

Matt Hass February 3, 2015

Our instance uses Microsoft Active Directory (Read Only, with Local Groups)

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

Thanks Matt. I'd imagine you work with Kevin. Has this always been the case for you guys, or was this a recent happening? I'd really try to investigate and diagnose the connection between the two there. Sounds like something related to a timeout. If there is any additional authentication or firewalls it needs to jump behind you may be seeing an issue there.

Matt Hass February 3, 2015

Yep, I work with Kevin. Thanks for taking a look at our issue Andrew. Our users have reported this off and on for some time now, but I think this only began occurring after moving to v.6.2.4. We can occasionally reproduce this behavior. When this happens, the message returned is "No matching users found for dal" (when I search @dal to find Kevin). Sometimes, I get a full list of users beginning with 'dal' including Kevin. Sometimes the search will be blank, but will populate when I hit Tab. There is no firewall between the app server and the AD server, since both are internal. Timeouts are as follows: Sync Interval: 60s Read Timeout: 120s Search Timeout: 120s Connection Timeout: 60s Active Directory shows as having 43,535 entries. I can't find any recommendations for timeouts related to directory size.. Are there any suggestions based on proven practice as to what these numbers should be in relation to the size of the user directory?

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

Probably because the user trying this does not have the "Browse Users" permission.

All users have Browse User permission.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2015

Are we talking about a custom text field? In any case: the Wiki Style Renderer (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Renderers) must be active on the field for the autocomplete to work. Can you check that?

Standard comment, just typing @ABC will not render any names even though we have many associates with those 3 letters

0 votes
Kevin Dalton January 31, 2015

JIRA 6.2.4

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2015

Kevin, what version are you on?

Suggest an answer