Why does filter where worklogDate() = endOfDay() not work in dashboard gadget?

Lisa Lawrence January 24, 2018

I am attempting to apply a filter to the workload pie chart dashboard gadget to show me only workload time that was logged for today. Using worklogDate() = endOfDay() would make me think I should be getting the sum of "Time Spent" where the "Date Started" field from the Log Work panel equals today.

When I use the filter worklogDate() = endOfDay(), I see issues that have time logged today, but the instead of only time where the Date Started field equals today, I get the sum of all time on those issues.

How do I craft my JQL filter to give me the results I need (only time logged for today) in the Workload Pie Chart dashboard gadget?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Lisa,

I have three issues with logged time:

1. KANCARDS-1: 54 Minutes
  2. FNGME-8: 6 Minutes
  3. AS-1: 25 Minutes

AS-1 has worked logged from yesterday and doesn't show up in a jql search when I use worklogDate = endOfDay().  In addition, the two issues show up in the chart as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 3.53.04 PM.png

As you can see the time is coming from the Logged field under Time Tracking on the right side of the ticket:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 3.54.10 PM.png

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.  If not let me know what you're trying to do and we'll go from there.  If you're not using JIRA's native time tracking let me know what add-on you're using for Time Tracking, e.g. Tempo Timesheets, etc.

Cheers,

Branden

Lisa Lawrence January 25, 2018

Thanks, Branden, but this does not answer my question. I am attaching a screen grab from today of the widget where I have a subtask with time (1h 15m) logged each for today, yesterday, and the day before. The filter I am using is exactly: worklogDate = endOfDay() AND worklogAuthor in (currentUser()).

You can see in the pic that the total time is 3h 45m, which is the total time allocated to this subtask for all three days. Why would I see all the time logged, regardless of the date it was logged to or the date the worklog was created?Capture.JPG

I am using JIRA's native time tracking, so there should be no complications on that end.

Lisa

Suggest an answer