Why does collecting Change History cause system to not allow updates while running?

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

We have a scripted field that loops through the Change History and using a string buffer, displays the entire change history into a single field.  This is being used so the change history can be exported to pdf using the Xporter plugin.  The problem we are running into is when the change history is very long (the script takes over 30 seconds to execute), it seems to lock other users out of viewing and updating issues.  Any idea why this might be happening?  It almost feels like it's putting a lock on the database.

6 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

yes please

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

Yes, we certainly can. Should we use the other one that has the code posted?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

Sorry, I meant to post the link: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/29953319/scriptrunner-script-hanging-up-issue-viewing. Is it the same company? If so please can we work through the one question, because it takes quite a while to get my brain in gear and think about the problem, and it just disperses the information. I thought I had posted on that at the weekend but I looked earlier and didn't see my reply.

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

Yes, this is the same issue.

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

I'm not sure, but possibly. Where was this question at, do you have a link?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2015

Does this refer to the same script as Scriptrunner script hanging up Issue Viewing ? It's a very similar question.

Suggest an answer