Why does billing say "Account is under external management"?

Rosario Ingargiola December 10, 2019

What the hell is this?  I'm the owner with full admin rights and I can't update my billing?  Further, there is no actual support for Atlassian?  What a joke for what we pay.

What does this mean and how did it get this way and how do I put it back the way it was?  

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2019

Hello Rosario,

Thank you for reaching out.

Talking with one of our customer advocates at Atlassian, we noticed you are a reseller for the otcxnshare site. Since you are the current billing contact, it shuts down that section of the cloud site as the reseller/partner would not want the customer to view previous billings or anything if the reseller/partner is paying on the site.

The problem itself is: The system cannot differentiate currently between if the site belongs to a reseller/partner or is just paid by one and so this page is hidden in both scenarios.

That being said, you are able to update the billing of your site by logging in to my.atlassian.com (Login ID = your email).

If you have additional questions, please feel free to open a CA ticket in our support portal:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Have a nice weekend!

김인준 June 14, 2020

Hi, Petter,
I'm a Confluence user with the same problem.

Subscription started via another account long ago, and my account has full admin right, but I can't access the billing detail information.
After accessing my.atlassian.com, what settings do I need to update?

Have a nice day!

Suggest an answer