Why does an external user in Security Level able to view tickets not assigned to them?

I have an external user that is in the proper security level to see a ticket assigned to them. They also have the following permissions for the project:

• Browse Project
  • Assignable User
  • Assign Issues
  • Transition Issue
  • Add Comments 
  • Edit Own Comments
  • Create Attachments

However, it seems like this user is still able to look at other tickets in the project that are not assigned to him/her. This user is only 'jira-user' group and all permissions and security levels have been assigned individually. (Not because this user is in a group) Any suggestions to help me out? I want this user to only be able to see the issues that are assigned to it.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Browse project allows them to see all of the issues in that project, you would need to remove that permission for this restriction to work, or implement issue security to restrict the views further.

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the response, David!

Removed the Browse Project permission and now the user cannot access the project at all. Where can I go to implement issue security?

That's on a per-project basis, you can find the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

I see that you can edit/define users in Issue Security Scheme and Security Levels with this link but where would I define what a specific security level can do?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Friday in Jira

New 5k User Limit and Other Cloud Updates

Hi all! Lauren here from the Enterprise Cloud marketing team.  I have some exciting Cloud updates from #AtlassianSummit that I wanted to share. We want everyone in your organization to be ab...

119 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you