Why does OnDemand import of a project keep re-adding deleted users?

Mark W. Foster August 14, 2014

I have a JIRA project I exported from one instance of OnDemand and imported into a completely OnDemand instance (domain and all) and then cleaned it up and deleted a bunch of users that should have not been in the new instance.

I then export that new configuration and re-import it into the second OnDemand instance to confirm the export has all the original configuration, but not all the original users.

What I see after the import in user management is just the users that I had not deleted prior to the export. However, for whatever reason, after a while or when I log out and log in, OnDemand re-builds all the users that had been deleted.

Is this a bug or why is this happening?

Don't want to be paying for users that I don't have in the system and if I do DR, don't want to have to keep cleaning this up.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2014

Hi Mark,

This is odd. Can you confirm these users don't have active projects and issues assigned to them? This might be a reason.

Also, if you just disable these users, they won't count in JIRA license.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Mark W. Foster August 14, 2014

I note that the application access is correct per only the non-deleted users, but all the other users show up in user managment, but without access.

So, concern on licensing not valid, but still seems strange this list gets re-built.

Suggest an answer