Why does JIRA look for carol.jar instead of carol-1.5.2.jar that comes with the install?

David Chang April 6, 2017

I installed Atlassian-plguin-sdk 6.2.14. I created a skeleton plugin by using

atlas-create-jira-plugin

Then I ran in the directory with pom.xml

atlas-run

and I got a few exceptions such as this example:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\myplugin\target\container\tomcat8x\cargo-jira-home\common\lib\carol.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

The interesting thing is that I am able to find carol-1.5.2.jar in the target location:

E:\myplugin\target\container\tomcat8x\cargo-jira-home\common\lib\carol-1.5.2.jar

So why does JIRA specifically look for carol.jar, not carol-1.5.2.jar that comes with the install? How to fix it?

I am new to JIRA. Any input is really appreciated.

Best.

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

Hi David - Welcome to the community. Since your question is development related, you might want to try asking this over at: https://community.developer.atlassian.com as well (if you haven't already).

There are a lot of helpful and experienced people over there, so you will probably get a quicker response.

You can read more about the Developer Community in this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/The-Atlassian-Developer-Community/ba-p/459061

David Chang April 6, 2017

Sam, thanks SO much for your info. I post the question in that place. You can delete my post here. Again, thanks!

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

No problem David. No need to delete this one, really.

You might get still get an answer from someone.

Once you've posted the same question in the dev community, we can put a link to it here so that people can follow the trail.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2017

Suggest an answer