Why does JIRA continue to show (2) for a status in the issue view even after I fix the workflow?

Lina Abu-Baker June 7, 2021

Hi - my team recently ran into an issue where tickets were not able to move from the current status to a previous one. I decided to edit the workflow by checking the ""Allow all statuses to transition to this one." This however has added the (2) to some of the statuses. I tried to then delete the transition between the statuses but the (2) still appears.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

This suggests you have more than one status of that name in the workflow, or you have two or more transitions of the same name into it.

Alo Joosepson May 30, 2022

In my case 2 transitions had the same name. Thank you very much for this suggestion. It helped me to solve it.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2021

Hi @Lina Abu-Baker  - Did you ever get this working?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 31, 2022

Going to mark this as accepted. 

0 votes
Madhumitha N June 8, 2021

While creating a second transition to the single status, reuse the transition name(if you're not using any other configurations on it) instead of creating a new transition name.

Suggest an answer