Why does Change Request not appear on backlog?

Phuong Thuy Nguyen June 16, 2016

My scrum project has the following issue types: User Story, Bug, Change Request, Task, Acceptance Criteria and Sub Task.

Task, Bug and User Story issues appear on the backlog but not Change Request. Does anyone know why? and how to fix this issue? Thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2016

Check the board filter in board config - what's the plain text of the JQL for it?

Phuong Thuy Nguyen June 19, 2016

Yes, I have checked the board filter query which is "project = STEST ORDER BY Rank ASC". It just filters by project, nothing else. When running this filter, all issues are displayed on the issue list including Change Request, but it does not show up on the backlog in Backlog view.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2016

My best guess is that "Change request" is a sub-task type, which won't appear in the backlog view because they're useless in there.

Phuong Thuy Nguyen June 28, 2016

Unfortunately Change Request is not a sub task type. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2016

Ok, so, can you check the status and resolution on your Change Requests?  Are there genuinely open and unresolved ones that should be appearing?

Can you find one CR that should be appearing on your backlog and show us a screenshot of it in plain JIRA?  (e.g. go to https://yourjira/browse/STEST-123 and we'd need the top part of it - from the icon / summary area down to the bottom of "details" - skip custom fields, description etc)

Suggest an answer