Why does Atlassian take functionalities away while releasing new versions ?

Got another one, from JIRA 5.x they changed the bulk email VM which affected the email headers badly.

I use JIRA 5.1.3, when we send JIRA bulk mails the mail header keeps ‘Usernames’ instead of Full Names. I am sure, till JIRA 4.4.5 it was good that used to keep Full names.

Due to this change, little tough to trace who has send the bulk mail.

Have you got any work around to fix this ?

8 answers

hi vinshu

once i got confused by from mailnames too...

just to avoid a missunderstanding...your username is "30104133" ?

in no version of jira (i believe since 3.x) i have ever seen a mail like this...even if during testing mail server settings..

i believe this is something inside your mail client. which one are you using?

Yes, you are right thats my username.

It's not an issue with the mail server. I confirmed with the Atlassian Support Team, he could recreate the same in their instance too. They asked me to submit a new feature request, which I am sure not gonna happen in next few years. Infact, this breaks some of our security concepts.

i wasn't talkin about your mail server...just the client (outlook,mail,thunderbird etc..)

after cleaning up the addressbook the correct names were shown again in my case.

If so, the usual notifications should also be like this. But notifications works perfect for me.

aaah ok i see. only test mails will look like this...

hmm i've tested in 5.2.3 just now...and it shows the full name as expected.

Okay, but the support team also was able to reproduce the issue. Might be an issue with release 5.1.3. Better, will go for an upgrade if you say 5.2.3 is good.

Yeah at least give it at try in a testing environment. I bet it will be fine then

Hi there,

could this be due to a problem with Exchange 2007? See documantation here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+Set+Up+SMTP+Relay+in+Exchange+2007

All the best,

Nica

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

806 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you